When you're planning a party, wedding or other special occasion, there is so much to remember. So, we haveput together a 'to do list' to help you on your way.
If you have any suggestions to improve our list, please email us. For every suggestion we use in our list we will send you a £10 Buffalo Catering voucher.
TO DO LIST
Set your budget. Our best advice is that it needs to be realistic. Email us to get a cost estimate of catering per person and that will help you make some of the other decisions.
Number of people invited. This depends on:
- • What the occasion is
• The style of catering you require eg. finger food, buffet or a la carte dining
- • Who you want / need to invite
Venue. Make sure your venue is appropriate and that it will impress your guests. We have access to some great London, Surrey and Kent venues including marquees for hire so, if you get stuck, email us and we can help you out.
If your venue is somewhere other than home, there are some things you should think about before booking:
- • Enough on-site parking / easy to get to / public transport available?
• Are you able to use your own caterers and provide your own choice of wine,
beer and spirits?
• Can the venue be used during the hours you are planning for?
• If it needs decorating or theming, get measurements and check whether the
changes you are planning to make are allowed by management
• Do they have tables and chairs? Do the tables come with tablecloths? Make
sure you see tables and chairs before booking – not all tables and chairs are
• Can you provide your own waiting and bar staff?
• Are there any noise restrictions that would prevent loud music for example?
- • What time could you get access to the venue from?
• Clean-up policy. Do they have staff that can clean up or do you need to
Buffalo & Ben Singer have been supporting Newbury Racecourse for the past 3 years. Our business is extremely diverse as one of the top Racing & Hospitality venues in the UK. Ben's versatility is that we can entrust him in many areas including Retail bars & Restaurants, Sponsors & VIP areas. Whilst we made a change to our catering services he has supported us throughout within areas of General site Health & Safety & Food Hygiene. For our busier Events, Ben is always on hand to source excellent additional Managers to Support our operation.